General Event Details:
- Friday April 20th - 5pm-9pm
- Team check-in and safety inspection slots available.
- Turn in documentation binder for review / scoring
- Team interviews slots available.
- Saturday April 21st - COMPETITION DAY!
- 8am-10:30am - Safety inspection and team interviews
- 11 am - Competition Begins!
- Double elimination bracket style tournament
- Battles will last 3 minutes or until a team surrenders
- Judged on Aggression / Control / Damage
- Overall Scoring - Grand Champion:
- Battle Performance - 40%
- Documentation - 40%
- Team Interview - 20% (Looking for full team participation and knowledge of the bot build)
- Grand Champion
- Battle Winner, Runner Up, Third Place
- Highest placing high school team will receive a Craft Bot 3D printer courtesy of ImageNet Consulting!
Team Resource Guide - Great info on building a bot with a plan.
2018 Competition Rules and Regulations - Of course there are rules!
NRL Technical Regulations - specific details of what your bot must/can/cannot have.
Safety Checklists - Includes both a functional and internal inspection.
Documentation Details - Details what your binder should include and will be scored on.
NRL Participant Waiver - Required for all team members and must be signed by parents/guardians prior to arrival.
Bot Build Kits:
There are many DIY kits available for teams looking for a more custom kit.
Paulo Heat Treating - They will heat treat parts at no charge to the team.
Scholarship Opportunities for Seniors:
Ready to get started? Here's information about the kit you'll need to build your bot for BotsSTL. You'll want part number GRS1020T. The cost is $1000 plus $20 shipping. This purchase includes the curriculum package with project construction, which is advised for first time users.
You can find the credit card order form HERE.